God's protection through a tornado

Some of you may have heard the news of how Garner industries in Lincoln, Nebraska had a direct hit tornado and the workers inside survived despite great damage to the building. One of the workers who was inside the building when the tornado hit was the son-in-law of a friend of mine and also a new parent of a one month old baby. She has been praying with tears for her family’s safety and this news has strengthened our faith on how God does miracles.

I am reminded of James 4:14-15. We never know what the next day will bring. When God spares us from a catastrophe, we feel not only grateful but wonder about what purposes God may have through our lives. May we live our lives to the best of what we can submitting to the truth we understand and as believers in Christ unto Him.

3 Likes

What a beautiful gift of God’s grace and protection! Thank you for sharing! I am praising God for his protection, love, and grace towards this family and the families of all those in the building. I am praying too for their continued, comfort, joy and strength in the Lord as they recover from such a terrifying experience.

May we live our lives to the best of what we can submitting to the truth we understand and as believers in Christ to our Lord Jesus.

Amen!

3 Likes

Just an update. My friend’s son-in-law, Nate Hutchinson, who survived the EF-3 tornado (winds from 135 - 165 mph!), shares about it giving God credit for being alive here. What an answered prayer! Something that will serve as a testimony of God’s promises of protection for the family for years to come!

3 Likes