When everything feels like its falling apart

What does it feel like when all seems like its falling apart ?? It can feel like your whole world is collapsing and nothing is working i have seen god work in the moments where you and i are at our lowest to really show us if i took away everything would you still follow me would you still have faith ??

3 Likes

Hi @shaquille,

That’s a great question.

When our lives fall apart, it can be hard to see that God is real, or that God loves us, or that God will do anything about our problems.

I’ve shared my story of hitting the lowest lows of my faith in this talk:

Yesterday at church we were studying Hebrews 11. These verses are challenging:

Other people were tortured, not accepting release, so that they might gain a better resurrection. Others experienced mockings and scourgings, as well as bonds and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawed in two, they died by the sword, they wandered about in sheepskins, in goatskins, destitute, afflicted, and mistreated. The world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and on mountains, hiding in caves and holes in the ground.

All these were approved through their faith, but they did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.

There are uncountable numbers of Christians who suffered and died for their faith. They lived in poverty, they were persecuted, and then they died. Their circumstances never improved, even though they were faithful to God.

Similarly, Job’s friends taught that if Job really had faith, then God would bless him. It’s the same message as the prosperity gospel movement. If we suffer, it’s because we are sinning, or not trusting God, or not giving enough to the church, or some other reason.

But God decisively shows that Job’s friends are wrong - and reveals his very presence to Job.

In good or bad circumstances, we have to maintain a higher, eternal perspective. Our goal in life is to love God and love our neighbors, whether or not that improves our circumstances.

(Of course, if we can improve our circumstances, we should also seek to do that! That’s not even wisdom, just common sense.)

Those are my initial thoughts. I’d love to hear more from you and anyone else on this very honest and important topic.

2 Likes