What is your favorite verse when you need encouragement?

Hi friends,

What is your favorite verse when you need encouragement?

For me, it is Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice!

Partly, it’s sentimental - I’ve loved this verse since I was in high school.

But also, when circumstances are discouraging, I remind myself that I can still find joy in knowing that God loves me and is with me.

Please share yours and why it means so much to you.

3 Likes

For me, it’s usually:

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 8:38–39.

This always reminds me of who God is, and who I am in him. No other problem or challenge in life can compare when reminded of this truth!

4 Likes

For me it is Isaiah 41:10.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV - fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God used this verse to encourage me and draw me to Himself as a high schooler. It reminds me that God will be with me now just as I experienced His encouragement then.

2 Likes

For me:

Mat 22:37-39LEB

• 37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
  • 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
  • 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” …

It sums up what I believe and how I should live.

3 Likes

Hi I just found this site by accident… My favorite verse would be trust in the lord with all your heart lean not on your own understanding: In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths.

3 Likes

Well welcome! I’m so glad you found it and thanks for sharing your favorite verse, that’s definitely one of my top verses as well.

Now that you’ve found it, I’m praying the community can be an encouragement, a source of God’s wisdom, and a place that helps you draw nearer to the Lord!

For me Lamentations 3:21-24 has meant a lot:

21 But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

I love the reminder of verse 21, even in the darkest of times (Lamentations details some wildly intense suffering), when I think of God and remember who He is, I can have hope. The rest is just the amazing truth of who God is, the depth of His love, mercy, faithfulness, and the satisfaction that is in Him!

2 Likes