Together Days 9 and 10

It seems that what I have been learning in my private meditation is fitting in with the thoughts shared by Carson in his book Together. Do you see the links between the meditations and suggested prayers with what I’ve been drawing from Scripture?

I offer this, hoping it will encourage someone in the community.

You are directing my steps.

I will make it my aim to give You thanks for all Your kindness to me. I give You thanks that the fruit of my life will give You glory.

In 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 the vision of Christ succeeding in doing all the Father purposed; then the Father putting everything in subjection to Him, and finally with all things being united to God, so that God may be all in all. The future of the cosmos is sure.

God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will shine in transcendent glory, and both angels and Your bride will take pleasure in You, and give You pleasure, for succeeding ages.

God is holy. God is love. God is holy love.

Paul continues his exhortation to the Corinthians, showing the practicality of our future resurrection: “Awake to righteousness, and do not sin.” (verse 34)

The year 2024 has already brought changes into my life I was not seeking. In whatever I do, let me learn to love, for this is Your will for my life.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58

To read this, and believe it, is to hold the things of earth of minor importance indeed. How important it is to be gifted with spiritual gifts, so that the paramount needs of mankind can be met. Again, what is the result of sound doctrine?

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” (1 Cor 15:58)

With all their immaturity and lack of knowledge, their disunity and immorality, Paul addresses the church as “my beloved brethren.” He labours for their growth in grace, his life given up, always abounding in the work of the Lord. may it be that my life would be known also for such an ambition.

May Your people love one another, for then we will be a beacon of light in the darkness. I’m living in Your Presence continually. So continue to cleanse me of all my sin, and lead me in holy living. This is my prayer. This is Your will for my life.

2 Likes

Great observation. The grief we experience after church hurt is deep and real but we have a way forward in our Lord Jesus.

2 Likes

Hi @geoff

Thank you for sharing your personal reflections and how they’re connected to the Together prayer course. I’m really encouraged.

This also strikes me as relevant to Day 11 in the course. There can be a sense sometimes that with regular failure in our devotion to God, hard work to focus on him can seem pointless. And yet this scripture reminds us that none of this is in vain, including the days which are a struggle.

Amen to this for each one of us!

2 Likes

The two people whom Carson dedicated his book Together to, are now encouraging me.

Thank You, Lakshmi and Alison, for your kind words of encouragement

2 Likes