Consider the flowers of the field

Hi friends,

In Matthew 6:28-31, Jesus tells us:

And why do you worry about clothes? Observe how the wildflowers of the field grow: They don’t labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these. If that’s how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won’t he do much more for you—you of little faith? So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’

Recently, I was in Washington, D.C., for spring break and had the opportunity to take some pictures of tulips. Here’s one:

Looking at flowers restores my soul.

The intricate design and vibrant colors - all on a delicate petal - show me God’s astonishing care for the small, vulnerable parts of his creation.

What beauty in God’s Creation draws your attention? How does it deepen your connection to God?

3 Likes

This is so true! In the hardships of life as I wait for answered prayers, when I wonder about God’s apparent silence, a beautiful flower brings me joy and I wonder if it is God’s way of speaking to me. Through his beautiful creation, I am comforted as I am reminded of His promise of being with us in all our troubles (Isaiah 41:10). :pray::cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I can have assurance of God’s provision.

3 Likes