Hope - Day 1 - Waiting with Hope

The Advent Community Journal for the “Waiting with Hope” devotional (The Gift of Advent, 12-14).

• Reflect on a time when you had to wait for something important in your life. How did that experience shape your understanding of hope and patience?
  • When have you felt like God was slow in fulfilling His promises? What helped sustain your hope?
  • How does the fulfillment of God’s promise to Adam and Eve give you hope?
1 Like

As I look back at my life, I think there have been many times I have been slow in fulfilling my own promises to God, which I have confessed to God and sought forgiveness and strength for. But it is also true that I feel God has been slow in fulfilling his promises. What has sustained my hope is that God has always given me just enough to hang in there in faith. His answer has not always been what I hoped for but he has always given encouragement and strength to take just one more step. God’s word is called a lamp unto our feet and the lamp’s light is usually just enough for just one more step. I believe God prepares our character through suffering for the purposes he has for us. I often need to preach this to myself to remain in hope that is founded in Christ.

2 Likes